April 21, 2009

Even in blogosphere you need friends...

I am always one of those people who think I can live alone without any help and when I started blogging, I extended this belief to it too. I rarely asked around about how to do anything and this past few weeks I was surprised by a few friendly gestures, either made known to me about who was being kind to me or an anonymous tip on something I did. Here is my story of the kindness of strangers :- 

1) A blogger who introduced herself a few times before I really followed her offered to make me a new 125 x 125 widget. Her name is Daisy and she has a few excellent blog. She posted on her blog when my new widget is finished and you can read yourself her announcement of my new widget here. I actually am so IT-blind that I don't know how to do this widget which I have seen around the blogosphere and there was even a tutorial posted once on using GIMP on how to do it. Thanks Daisy!!!

2) Then an anonymous friend saw my posting in my other blog about perfume in which the picture had me in it, with just my .... let just say it was not a flattering picture of me reflected in a mirror albeit it was dark and all, like a horror film (if you managed to see it). That post can be read here but the picture was changed to a better one with two naked girls... Thanks anonymous friend, whoever you are;

3) A blogger by the name of Sandy about an annoying pop-up ads which made her unable to drop entrecard on me (entrecard is a bloggers business card which you can find on my right hand side of this blog). It was a new blog aggregator called YouthMedia for Malaysian blog which I am trying out and please tell me if it is still a bother. Thanks Sandy. She has an excellent blog by the name of The Travelling Suitcase. Read it and travel in the safety of your home...

Anyway, I am thankful for friends that I meet here in this place called the blogosphere and I hope anyone of you, if there is any will always be willing to tell me if I ever make any mistake. As shown, even in a faceless place like this (I only see your picture, not face), the maxim of A friend in Need is A friend INDEED is still alive and true...

6 comments:

Kujie said...

Someone who comes to your aid when you're in difficulty is a true friend

Calvin Soo KJ said...

ive just added youth media to my blog too....thru yours of course. :)

Rick (Ratty) said...

Wow, she did a really good job on the widgets. I'm impressed.

Wiggy said...

Daisy has done a good job there :)

Legal Cat said...

Kujie - Yes, these are true friends

Calvin - Thanks? I gues. Still trying to get the hang of it

Ratty & Wiggy - Yep, Daisy did a good job...

Daisy said...

Hello hello... just dropping by to snoop around! hehe... And would you believe I saw this post at technorati first? Tssk! It's been a busy week but I'll work on your banners next. Would you like a matching one with your ec cards hon?

XoXoX

Custom Search