July 27, 2009

I missed my blog anniversary, but...(final part)

I had actually wanted to wrap up with my initial intention of listing out all the milestones my blogs had achieved ever since it is in existence. I had just decided to scrap the idea as it will be too much of a hard work and it will reneged back on my sentence which says I am not too much into celebration. If I am willing to do hard work by compiling, looking at the dates, going back to all that I have accomplished, don't all that show how much I want people to know what I have accomplished. Here is Part 1 and Part 2, if you are curious enough.

What I have gained from blogging is actually a borderline between a cure and an illness. Confused? I mean with a blog or blogs, you can help yourself or plunge yourself deeper into whatever disease that you have contracted. What disease you ask? Ask yourself why do you write? A blog is a wonderful tool to stoke egos. You published something without people assessing on your capabilities. You just give in to your own belief that you can write and wallah! you are a blogger. 

Even if what you write may not be good or even worse, you cannot actually write. At all. So, how do you actually know that you have the ability to write comprehensible articles or at least things that people want to read? As I have listed in Part 1 and Part 2, you use aggregators and do rituals to ensure people come by to your blog. They may just stay awhile but without them you may not even have a blog to begin with. Okay, not all people start a blog to announce to the world what they have in mind. Wasn't a blog in its early years supposed to be a private thing? Like a diary? Then some enterprising soul turn it into something else.

Anyway, like all published papers, a blog can be accredited by its peers too. I mean, to gain credibility as a scientist of whatever discipline, you publish papers or present it in seminars and then let people comment on that paper. Isn't that what has happened to the blog culture now. I am not a blog anthropologist (did I spell that right?) unlike some but I believe, when you publish a post then some of your peers commented saying, Yes, I actually believe what you say is true or No, what you say is not what is the reality and such, isn't that a form of accreditation?

I believe it is so, if you ask me...

p/s - again, I have run off tangent in my attempt to celebrate my one year anniversary as a blogger. I better stop and resume normal warble, to at least to sound coherent again...

3 comments:

Ihsan Khairir said...

congrats on your one year of blogging... I have done so for six, but still not as good as you...

cheers!

Mom said...

I agree. Having somebody take the time to stop and make a comment on my blog - be it in agreement with me or not - means that what I write is good enough to get their attention. This is validation. Watching the number on the "followers" ticker climb is also validation. Seeing the same people visit and comment repeatedly is wonderful validation. It means they do genuinely enjoy what I write.

Rick (Ratty) said...

This was a very good article even if it wasn't what you intended. I always wonder if my writing is any good. I was nervous before I started because I thought what I have to say may be no good. I decided that the only way to write a blog is to not care what anyone else thinks about my writing most of the time. Whenever I start to care I become too nervous to write well.

Custom Search