March 28, 2011

12 years in the legal industry

On 10th March 2011, I took my whole office (or those who were present that day in the office) to lunch to celebrate another personal milestone. We had lunch at Itallianies in Empire Gallery Mall, at Subang Jaya.

I managed to stay within the legal industry, going into my 12th year as a lawyer and I think this will be the profession I am willing to be known when I die. Oh, yes, I don't think there is a point of retiring. I want to have an obituary which reads - Khairul Anuar : Lawyer.

Journey is still long. I will always sign off my personal email with : Lawyer, Author, Blogger. If ever I add more titles at the back, where I will rattle off what I am known as, not some titles awarded by others, I will still want the first title to be there.

Staying in one industry as people/friends I know fall off due to opting out or due to some disciplinary issues, I am proud to be associated with a legal firm and with a long-standing business partner whom I have known for nearly 20 years. We still have big plans for our medium-sized legal firm and I hope we will still partners in the next 20 or 30 years. And I also hope all the staff I have on my payroll now will make it with me too.

Here is some pictures of the celebration and as I have hoped since 3 years ago when I started this lunch treat, this will not be the last :












No comments:

Custom Search