September 18, 2008

My idea of globalisation

In olden days, meaning when I was still in school and after that university, catching a TV show is watching a TV show which was already shown in the US of A after 2 years. Being ignorant of how they start a new season in fall then rerun it the whole summer, I don't really care about whether its already season 3 while I am still watching the pilot for the show.


Nowadays, with the advent of the internet, I can say that I have seen shows as fast as any TV buff in the USA or even better, if the show is on cable, I can see it before them. I have just watched the first 2 episodes of Entourage, Season 5, while they are still discussing it on E! I have also seen all the never-gonna-reach-our-shore TV shows, such as Dexter - currently on Season 3 (about a blood spatter expert in a Miami crime lab who is also a serial killer); Weeds - currently on final episode of Season 4 (about a mom who sell weeds with his dysfunctional family); Secret Diary of a Call Girl - Season 2 ( a British TV show which its title explain it all) and True Blood - pilot episode (about vampires in southern part of the State).


These shows are made known to me in various way. Some I know through friends. Some I recommended to friends after internet surfing and now fed every day by E! which has become a staple diet for Malaysian. Some even got me so addicted to it that I need my fix every night.



This is what I call globalisation. Never having to wait...

No comments:

Custom Search