December 28, 2009

Legal and Property : New blog direction 2010

As someone who has been in the blogging scene more than a year and had the chance to learn about stuff which may not be understood by others, I am bad at implementing it myself. I know that I should keep on using the same keyword over and over while having a niche to myself. I know that if I keep talking about events I attended or suddenly go off-tangent to promote some products which I have never or even may never use, my blog readers will lose interest and go somewhere else.

I know all these facts but I was just having fun with blogging. I know it is a powerful social media tool. Still. But, I am actually gaining something else from it. I met new friends. I learned new stuff. I am accepted in certain circle which I can only gawp at before. I go places and attended events. Too many of them actually.

I enjoyed myself and as you grow older, as much as money and recognition is important, having fun becomes rarer and rarer. When was the last time you had a night out without having to drink something to help you laugh out loud? I do that all the time with a bunch of different people nowadays.

However, blog existence is another matter altogether. My book is going to be published next year and I am hoping to establish myself as someone people can go to for legal and property advice. My firm has some history on doing work from the cheapest property you can think of in Malaysia to the most expensive one like lands which cost millions or building of same value. All these will be my track record in real life.

Which I hope to extend to my online existence.

As an avid social media user, I should be using it to harness its power to turn it into real life existence. I know that social media maybe just a passing fad but it is a formidable force. In this one year, 2009, I did managed to advice, gain clients and even help people who got to know me through social media, either it is my blog, through Twitter and even those who emailed me.

So, from now on, I will be posting more of my thoughts which relate to property and law. Or those which has everything to do with law in Malaysia. Although I did launch Ask the Lawyer which is a blog where you can ask me, as a lawyer anything, I think this blog has been too well-known to be ignored. A brand is only good when it is recognised and Legal Cat-asthrophe or kruel74 is a brand on its own.

Which I should take advantage of....

p.s. - But I am still gonna post about events and other things...

7 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

The things you write about are always interesting and entertaining. I'm sure that will continue in the future. I know I'll still enjoy reading your blog no matter what direction you take it.

EVo said...

Nice wrapup for this year dude. keep up those events la..keep me more envious ha ha haa. all da best for d next year :)

yoon see said...

Me too, this week is my term break.
Got more time to catch up with blogger friends.
Keep up your good work and Happy New year!

Anonymous said...

I want not approve on it. I regard as nice post. Expressly the appellation attracted me to be familiar with the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Cool story you got here. It would be great to read a bit more concerning that matter. Thnx for sharing this information.

Custom Search