November 4, 2009

MINT Museum of Toys

This place is one of the place which I enjoyed being in for the nostalgia it brings. The old toys I played when I was young and the chance meeting with the owner. He even showed me the spacecraft which Luke Skywalker use to clow up Deathstar which stands at 6 feet although it was not put together yet. My wife and I took so many pictures as we can recall a lot of the cartoons that we love when we were young. The place only holds toys up to 1990s. After that most of it can still be found (but there was a full size Darth Maul replica)

The only thing that I can't understand is the not playing with the toy part. What are toys for if not to be played with? Broken into pieces and thrown at walls. Didn't Toy Story had taught us all this? Maybe not as some of the toys can be downpayment for a car. That is if it is in mint condition perfectly preserve in its box. The MINT in the name of the museum stands for Moment of Imagination and Nostalgia with Toys. The place is an architectural wonder and is a cafe, a restaurant and a wine bar. There was a birthday party about to take place in one of the floor when we were there. It was for a kid. Who can never touch the toys...

The word that describe the owner and the curator who took us around is Passion. I cannot for the life of me not touch any of the toys. They also know a whole lot of facts which if you know the answers to all the questions the cutator throws at you, let him answer it. He hates the fact other knows the same fact. When I answered why the old Batman is fat (Adam West anyone) he was genuinely irritated. But, maybe I was disturbing his flow...





With the owner and his wife





That shows a price of nearly S$12,500-00




 
The curator briefing us on how to make money from NOT playing with toys




 
Some of the posters there



Various Astro Boy




 
Dolls are toys too...

 
The Beatles



The pretender : The Monkey


 
 
Felix The Cat

 
The bar on the rooftop has a lot of cool signs




 
When I was a kid, all these matchbox cars would have been smashed against walls




 Hayata becomes Ultraman...




A Merry-Go-Round ride



Remote control peacock?

 
Gollywogs which is so not PC



Betty Boop




 


2 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

This looks like a great place. I remember a few of these toys from when I was a kid, but most of them are obviously older. All of them are cool. I was never able to save any of my toys from when I was a kid. We used to smash our matchbox cars into each other. The one who's car didn't flip over was the winner.

Penton said...

some ppl claimed that old toys could be possessed by ghost...

Custom Search