March 9, 2009

What I gain 6 months of intense blogging_Part 1

I have been posting consistently for the past 6 months on two of my blogs, either this one or my other blog : As Good As Gets. This particular blog evolved from fictions that I am (was?) writing to a blog written mostly on 3 main topics : Legal; Politics; and Business. The fictions that I am writing are based on my life and those who I meet throughout my life. It is actually still in the midst of being written but I am currently concentrating on other parts of my career. Maybe I will start to write them again within this year.

As for my other blog, it is a blog on relationship which I garner through my personal experience being married for the past 5 years plus. It sometimes veered toward personal matter like trying to have children and how my relationship are with the women of my life. Sometimes it even touch on 'touchy' subjects (to some) like sex, sexual relation or my idea of the 'perfect' woman. As this blog sometimes is read by my wife, close relatives and friends who I meet every other day, I sometimes got thrown into hot soup when I touch some raw nerves.

Monetarily, I have not been doing that much from these 2 blogs. I use 2 main monetizers in which one is the popular Goggle Adsense account and the other one is a local blogging advertisement account from a company called Nuffnang. For Goggle adsense, I have only managed to gain USD21 and from Nuffnang, the revenue has only been in the vicinity of USD5. There are other ancillary accounts such as adgitize which pays a certain amount for other blogs or website to advertise on your blog. That have manage to garner me around USD3 for the past 3 months. All in all, I have around USD30 for my blogging effort. Some other advertiser sites like entrecard use points for you to advertise or let other advertise. 

I know there are other ways to gain monetary rewards for blogging like paid post but I am more comfortable in blogging for my own pleasure. Aggregators like the USA based entrecard or blogexplosion and the local bloggers united, innit or petaling street project helps me promote my blogs in their own ways. To gain heavy traffic which may raise your alexa ranking and Page Rank, you can use entrecard and blogexplosion. They may not bring high quality blog readers as their system are to let those who subscribed to them to stay for too short a time which may not translate into a new reader. However, both can at least catch a new reader if you write things which are of interest to other blog owners,

As I have so many stories on blogging for the past few months, the posting for this topic will continue tomorrow...

STAY TUNE

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your blog posts are interesting in their own way.
No matter how much you can "monetize" this.

Mostly all this monetizing hype is for clueless youngsters :)

rainfield61 said...

I share the same viewpoint as yours.
Blogging is for fun, if return in money is yet to be realized.

Lisa said...

I find making money from blog is tougher these days, one may need to find other means of blogging media to earn more...

as for me, I do not earn a lot though from the blogs

does blog explosion really helps??

Legal Cat said...

mechape - as much as would like to agree, money nowadays coming from whatever source is much appreciated

rainfield61 - same here, still waiting

Lisa - blogexplosion is fun due to the games like battle of the blog and blog tycoon. addictive in it's own way...

Annoymous said...

That, i think your lawyer fees can cover that in just an hour :)

Anonymous said...

USD21 is not bad for 6 months unless you're really into adsense thing...there are a lot of improvement that you can do to increase it..i can help if you want to..

Rick (Ratty) said...

My blogging experiences have been very similar to yours. I'll only experiment a little bit with money making until I find a better source than I've seen already.

Bengbeng said...

I posted a comment this morning but it probably didn't go through. Streamyx problem. Blogging doesn't really pay for the average blogger especially if it is a personal blog. the thing is to enjoy the experience. I can really empathize with you while reading this post. I have ben thru the same :)

Legal Cat said...

Harogenki - Lawyering is once business. Blogging is another. Segmented...

Life4hire - I want to take up your offer. I'll email you see where what you can offer me

Ratty - My kindred spirit

Bengbeng - hmmm...another kindred spirit...

Custom Search