September 23, 2009

Changing my priorities

I need to make some changes. I have been writing this blog for nearly a year. If you google the name 'kruel', my name comes in second after a professional wrestler by the name of Mike Kruel. After that there is the Mistress Kruel (er..., maybe an S&M dungeon. Shows what the name kruel is popular for)

I actually took a leave of absence for a few days from doing what I usually do to make my blog well-read by people. I did not drop any Entrecards except for a few, doing just enough to earn my USD0.50 for my Adgitize advertisement, didn't have a post for one whole day but I posted 2 posts within an hour of each other (different timestamp) and I only visited blogs I follow after not checking them for nearly 2 days.

In fact, I was lethargic from the blogging scene. Too many things to do for so little benefits.

These last few days make me think of changing a bit my priority. I am still going to write. I have a few writing projects I need finishing. I have my final assignment for me to graduate for my Masters degree. I have to finish writing my book on law and property which my publisher is waiting for me to send them my first draft. I have to finish writing my novel. I have to really start that Muhammad Ali script if I want to really make it (I did say that film is my Everest).

So, I need to do this. I need to slack up a bit on my blog. Especially this blog. Maybe I will just write, then let the audience find me. I also will be launching a blog dealing specifically with law and property in Malaysia. I already block the address but have not written anything except some introduction. It will be a Question and Answer type of blog. Ask me and I will try to find an answer. If it is regarding law on non-Malaysian law, I will try to direct you to those who may have the answer. I do have some Linked-in contacts.

Again. Prioritise...(that's for me...)

9 comments:

Jerine said...

It's so cool that you're starting a law and property blog. I've this question in my head for a long time but no one can tell me the answer. If there is a property that has been abandoned for over.... let's say 20 years. No one claims the property. Is there any law that says anyone can claim it?

Rick (Ratty) said...

I think you are doing the right thing. I have been having to make similar decisions recently. Certain aspects of blogging take up too much time for too little benefit. So I have also begun to change things just a bit. My changes are nothing anyone will see, but they make things much easier.

Legal Cat said...

Jerine - It is already there under the heading 'Ask The Lawyer' but I can answer your question with a simple "No, you cannot claim any property as your own even if it is abandon for a 100 years" It may be government land. You need to do an official land search at the Land Office and you will get the answer who owns it

Ratty - You who blog everyday is actually my idol. Your post is quite comprehensive but as you said, it does takes up time. Let us keep each other's spirit up...

Jerine said...

Thanks. But what if it's not a land, but let's say a car? Or something that's not attached? I guess the answer is still "No"

Rick (Ratty) said...

I just want to add one more thing. I think an 'Ask The Lawyer' site can be very successful, but maybe I'm biased because of wanting to be a lawyer myself earlier in life. Maybe even if someone that is not from Malaysia asks a question, you could still answer how they would do things in Malaysia, and then remind them that things might be different in their own country. A lot of your basic law is very similar to the laws here in the US, and maybe many other places. I'm already a fan of the site just from hearing your short description here.

Legal Cat said...

Jerine - a car is kind of the same but a shirt or a dollar on the street may allow me to answer differently

Ratty - Launched my new blog with an intro and will be taking questions from now on...

Ken Wooi said...

"Too many things to do for so little benefits"

somehow i agree with that statement.. haha.. =D

kenwooi.com

*lynne* said...

Hey kruel,
Your new blog sounds like a great idea, providing a service to others.
Everyone goes through the phase of reprioritising their life, and for good reason! In my case, moving twice in slightly over 2 months had me in a not quite settled-in mode for a long time, disrupted my blogging and dropping etc etc, but I don't miss it that much... the challenge for me now is to not get back to spending all day on the computer/internet "just because it's there"!

All the best to you!
*lynne*

samdaddycool said...

Wah.. bz bro, tak sabar nak tunggu blog law & property tu. Boleh jadi bahan rujukan.

All the best & Selamat Hari Raya. Maaf Zahir Batin.

Custom Search