October 27, 2008

Sold soul (a fiction of epic proportions)

(This is an ongoing online novel started as a fictionalised events of my life. Its based on true events not all experienced by me but there were some total fictions too)
While in Seremban, I had a very different kind of social life.

I was living with my parents. I would always be back at their house the latest by 5.30pm before going off again just a kilometer away for a game of either tennis or football. I would then have drinks with my friends and would spend my nights indoors, rarely venturing out for anything.

Within this phase of my life, I proved myself to be quite popular among the other young lawyers, especially the male. Most of them were older than me by at least 2 to 4 years old but before me, there were no one who wanted to lead the way for impromptu fun.

The tennis game or football that we played was at one of the sport centre near my parent's house. Sometimes, we went for breakfast and lunch around town. We hang around the lawyer's association room which was near the courthouse, which was to be the meeting area for the association and a place where lawyer could sit to wait for their case to go on. We attended a few weddings, went for movies and joined all the events that the lawyer's association held like the Chinese New Year, Deepavali and Hari Raya do.

When we got news one day that a golf club at the suburb of Seremban offered cheap membership fee, we decided to pick up golf. I was always entrusted to negotiate rates and when I managed to ensure we only had to pay RM200-00 for a membership and a fee of RM50-00 for weekday golfing, they agreed to follow my lead and joined.

On the business side, I was also busy pursuing one of my relative who was a developer. He was connected to me as he is the husband of my father's cousin.

He was doing quite well then and had a development just in the outskirt of Seremban. When I met him, he did promised to try to put me in as one of the lawyers who would handle some of his sale launch. As I was trying to get close to him, I followed him on a few of his big bike trips to a few places up north.

As his company was full with his relatives, which include his brothers and sisters, they also have their own big bikes given by him. All were BMW touring bikes. I never finished taking up my license for any motorcycle above 2000 c.c. and as I still wanted to follow them around, I was given the task of carrying all their overnight bags in my car. I didn't care as long as I could get close to him.

We had a few trips to Thailand where my uncle's wife followed with a convoy of 5 other cars. They were mostly luxury cars and four-wheel drives. I was the only Proton in the pack. Trying to make sure I was not left behind was quite a task as we used the PLUS highway to reach out destinations. I was always the last car to arrive at check-points and they would have arrived half an hour before.

Most trips were with his wife but there were a few others where his wife would be left behind. When this happened, the wife would call him, me and a few others in the group to ensure that his husband never strayed.

That was quite a tall order as my uncle had this to say about the girls who were always in tow.

"I never bring anyone with me if I was going to sleep alone at night"

Wise word from a rich man...

No comments:

Custom Search